Monday, April 30, 2007

The Believer by Stephanie Black


Great book!!! Have you ever thought what it would be like to live in a "New America" where religion was frowned upon and where you could be arrested or even excuted for having a copy of the Book of Mormon. "The Believer" takes you into that world and keeps you captivated until the last page.

Description:
There is a place where the threat of foreign terrorism is nonexistent, where there are no arguments about religion, and no battles over politics. Welcome to New America—a place where reading the wrong book can cost you your life!

Ian Roshek finally believes in something. The young history professor has studied a contraband copy of the Book of Mormon—and he knows what it says is true. But now his newfound convictions will be put to the test as he struggles to listen to the still, small voice, while society screams in his ear.

A taut, must-read thriller, The Believer will cast a lingering shadow and leave you asking what you would give up in order to feel “safe.”

5 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

Jennifer,

Thank you so much for reading The Believer and for posting a review on your blog. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it!

Karlene said...

I loved this book. I posted a review of it on my blog:

Stephanie Black said...

Thank you, Karlene!

Karlene said...

Stephanie,

My daughter is reading The Believer as part of her Summer Reading Thing 2007 book list.

Did I ever tell you I accidentally bought two copies? Originally I checked it out from the library, but liked it well enough that I bought it after I read it. Then I guess I forgot and bought it again! But that's okay. I liked it that much.

Karlene

P.S. You should go join my Summer Reading Thing too. It's open to anyone. I've even figured out how to let non-bloggers participate.

Stephanie Black said...

I am SO excited that your daughter is reading Believer this summer! Hooray!

That's too funny that you ended up with two copies. My feeling is that everyone should have two or three :)

Your Summer Reading Thing looks awesome. I'm a little daunted at the prospect of coming up with a reading list, but I'm going to see what I can do!

A Night on Moon Hill by Tanya Parker Mills

Review by Heather B. Moore Award-winning author, Tanya Parker Mills (2009 Indie Book Award Winner for The Reckoning ), delive...