Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Macady by Jennie Hansen



This is the first book of Jennie Hansen's that I have read and I very much enjoyed it. I am looking forward to reading more of her books.

DESCRIPTION:
Macady Jackson has never been in so much danger. When she saddled up her horse, she never could have imagined that her pleasant ride would end up with someone shooting at her. But unknown to Macady, she had wandered into a forbidden zone -- a drug runner's airstrip.

When deputy Aaron Westerman hears the gunfire, he knows the risk involved in the investigation of the remote area has suddenly spread beyond just him. Scanning the valley, he sees someone clothed much like himself. He was supposed to be the target! Now it's up to Aaron to keep the innocent stranger alive. But he soon finds out that the "stranger" is someone he hasn't seen in years --and their accidental meeting has resurrected feelings he had thought were long dead. Can two people who have both been deeply hurt by love learn to trust again? A romantic mystery where the heroes aren't all good and the villains aren't completely evil, Macady has enough twists and turns to grip you from beginning to end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I hope you don't mind my making a suggestion for the reviews on this blog -- I really like the idea of your blog and think it's fabulous to have so many wonderful LDS books brought together in one place. What would really help me out as a reader would be to see more comments about how the book made the reviewer feel. I'm seeing some reviews that are just the backliner of the book, and I can get that myself, easily. I would like to know how the reviewer was impacted by the book on a personal level -- that's what makes a book review of value to me.

Thanks again for this site.

Heather Moore said...

I've met Jennie many times. I've read one of her books (The Bracelet), so I'll have to check this one out.

A Night on Moon Hill by Tanya Parker Mills

Review by Heather B. Moore Award-winning author, Tanya Parker Mills (2009 Indie Book Award Winner for The Reckoning ), delive...