Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George


Today I have an interview with fabulous author, Jessica Day George, at my blog. You can see the interview here. You won't regret it. She's hilarious...and happens to be LDS, too. I am also giving away a signed copy of her new book, Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow.


Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George is absolutely delightful.


The story begins with this great opening: “It was my aunt who decided to give me to the dragon. Not that she was evil, or didn’t care for me. It’s just that we were very poor, and she was, as we said in those parts, dumber than two turnips in a rain barrel.”


Creel’s aunt hopes Creel will come away from the dragon with a rich husband. Creel hopes to come away with gold from the dragon’s hoard. What she actually comes away with is something nobody expected…a pair of enchanted slippers.


When she escapes from the dragon’s lair, she can’t return home, so she makes the long journey to the King’s Seat in search of a job as a dressmaker. Of course, things don’t often turn out the way we expect. Many obstacles arise, but in the midst of her struggles, she finds love, courage, friendship, and the strength to pursue her dreams.


As you can probably tell, I highly recommend this novel. It is an original fairy tale full of dragons, princes, adventures, and laughs. Nothing pleases me more than a good fairy tale.

3 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

I love, loved this book.

Heather Moore said...

Fantastic book! It also won a Whitney Award last weekend. Congrats to the author!

Karlene said...

I really liked this book. I just started her new one, Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow, and it's even better!

A Night on Moon Hill by Tanya Parker Mills

Review by Heather B. Moore Award-winning author, Tanya Parker Mills (2009 Indie Book Award Winner for The Reckoning ), delive...