Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright


You know those novels that are about miracles? Not magic, but realistic miracles that happen every day around the world? The kind of miracle where someone needs a second chance in life and gets it?

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright is that kind of miracle book.

During his entire married life, Jack wrote to his wife every Wednesday. Upon Jack's death, the family reads the letters. The letters take the family through a rollercoaster of dreams, expectations, family, love, secrets, betrayal and forgiveness.


I enjoyed this novel. It is an easy read that left me uplifted. If you enjoy it, you may also like Christmas Jars by the same author, For One More Day by Mitch Albom, and Letters for Emily by Camron Wright.


You can read the rest of my review at Deliciously Clean Reads.


Review by Emily

3 comments:

Heather Moore said...

I heard Jason Wright speak a couple of weeks. I was very impressed. I haven't read his books, but I look forward to getting them. Thanks for the review.

Red Robin said...

I just started reading this book and already love it! I am so excited to finish it!

Heather Moore said...

I just finished reading this book (today). I really loved the way the story weaved between the characters and how everything came together at the end. Also, something very clever that I didn't notice until half way through... the epilogue is written as a letter inside a real envelope--glued to the back cover of the book. My book group is reading it right now (my choice), so I'm glad no one will be let down ;)

A Night on Moon Hill by Tanya Parker Mills

Review by Heather B. Moore Award-winning author, Tanya Parker Mills (2009 Indie Book Award Winner for The Reckoning ), delive...