Thursday, July 5, 2007

Of Goodly Parents by H.B. Moore


This was a great book. I really enjoyed reading the story of Lehi and his family going into the wilderness in a fictional sense, with thoughts and feelings. This is the first book in the "Out of Jerusalem" series. As of now there are three books out in the series. I am looking forward to reading book two.

DESCRIPTION:
In the silence of the morning, Nephi knelt on the hard desert floor. He bowed his head and closed his eyes tightly, as if to make his prayer more sincere. "O Lord," he said, gripping his hands together, "I know my father is a righteous man. I know that Thou hast spoken to him, guided him, and protected him. Above all else, I am grateful for the safety Thou hast given our family." His voice cracked. "But, I want to know for myself, Lord. I want to feel what my father feels and to know without a doubt."
Experience a new the timeless story of Lehi and his family as you explore the complexities of human emotion. Gain new appreciation as you journey with this deeply divided clan in their courageous flight from Jerusalem toward a promised land-a land that to some seems forever out of reach. Meticulously researched and told with vivid detail and passionate energy, this sacred story brings to life the people, places, and events of the Book of Mormon.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

wow, I just found out you to because I posted again on Annies site at the same time you did...how fun! How many books have you written? Are they all published? WOW! I would love to write, but I kinda doubt that I would have the discipline to do it. *sigh* I guess that is where my blog come into play.
I plan on getting around to the "salvation" blog soon, hopefully today. I must confess though, that like I stated, I am afraid of controversy and such. I plan on studying and writing what I discover, but I can tell you right now that I won't find an exact answer. Praise God for his tender mercy and forgiveness on us at any age.
Thank you so much for commenting. I love to meet new people and share stories. Looking forward to hearing more from you
Rachel
you'll be in my favorites now, too.

Heather Moore said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Volume One, Jennifer. I'm having a little contest on my author blog to see if anyone can guess the color of Volume Four :)

http://mywriterslair.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

I have entered though my first choice was already taken.

Heather Moore said...

Rachel, I've written 4 books that are published (well, #4 will be out in September) and a few other books that aren't published yet. Your salvation blog sounds interesting. Good luck with it. And the answers will come :)

Unknown said...

I've so much enjoyed all of Heather's books so far, and can't wait for #4 to hit the shelves. It's on my Christmas list.

Heather gets me into Eastern landscapes, climate, and customs better than any other writer I've read. Fascinating books. And true to the scriptures in every detail.

Shanda :) said...

I just finished reading #3 in this series today. Let's just say I'm glad I had all three on hand, because I went straight on to the next as soon as one was finished! I already know what I'm going to say in our next podcast! Well done, Heather. I can't wait to get to #4!

Shanda :)
www.ldswomensbookreview.com

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed volume 1. Having difficulty locating volume 2. Can you steer me. I have looked at Amazon, DB, Sam Weller and Benchmark.

Mahalo, John

Heather Moore said...

Seagullbook.com has them available:

http://seagullbook.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=415118&Category_Code=

You can also call Seagull Book Store directly and they will ship it to you: 1-800-999-6257

I think #2 will be coming out in paperback next year, so the hardcovers are more difficult to find.

A Night on Moon Hill by Tanya Parker Mills

Review by Heather B. Moore Award-winning author, Tanya Parker Mills (2009 Indie Book Award Winner for The Reckoning ), delive...