Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Twilight


This book is by a BYU grad, Stephenie Meyer. It isn't what would be considered LDS fiction, but it is a chaste young adult book that adults will love as well.

One of my best friends sent me this book to help me get out of my reading "funk". It worked. I finshed the hefty volume in a day and now I'm waiting to get the sequel. This same friend is a writer and she has a blog called Book Club President where she reviews books and adds discussion questions. Her review was exactly what I would have written (had I her talent with words) so I'm just going to link to it here.

My new favorite book!

5 comments:

Heather Moore said...

Fun read. I also read Twilight in a day. I think it's crazy when the authors spend so much time on writing, and we readers finish it in a day or two. I have New Moon on my desk, waiting to be read. But I have to wait for a time when I know I can absorb myself in it.

Catherine said...

I'm glad you liked it, Christy. For readers, if you go to Stephenie Meyer's Web site you can get lots of good information about how she was inspired to write this book and how she kept the momentum going despite having 3 young boys underfoot. You also get some deleted scenes and a lot of other juicy tidbits to keep you sane until the next book comes out.

Kim said...

I loved Twilight & New Moon. I can't wait until Aug. for Eclipse. I read the first two in three days. They were excellent!

Jennifer said...

Scary, terrifying, romantic, sweet. What more can I say.

Unknown said...

What an amazing book! So gripping. So different. I was totally locked into the main character's feelings within a few pages. And the concept of good vampires would never have crossed my mind before. Mind you, I guess reading about vampires of any kind hasn't been my thing, but have to admit to liking these unusual characters.

A Night on Moon Hill by Tanya Parker Mills

Review by Heather B. Moore Award-winning author, Tanya Parker Mills (2009 Indie Book Award Winner for The Reckoning ), delive...